Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Allure of the Automobile Exhibit at the High Part 12, the Jaguar XK-SS Roadster

1957 Jaguar XK-SS Roadster

I've always had something of a soft-heart for Jaguars - one of my dream cars is an early model E-Type roadster and at one point I owned and restored a Jaguar MK2S (long gone now but not forgotten). In any case the XK-SS sort of heralded the modern Jag's appearance along with the D-Type (precursor to the E-Type) - this example was really stunning. I wish I had gotten better images but most came out too blurred to publish (and my apologies for the inferior images I've posted here - they really don't provide justice to this fine lady).









Next up, the 1953 Dodge Fire Arrow III.

-- John

1 comment:

albina N muro said...

one of my dream cars is an early model E-Type roadster and at one point I owned and restored a Jaguar MK2S (long gone now but not forgotten). In any case the XK-SS sort of heralded the modern. automobile donation