Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Allure of the Automobile Exhibit at the High Part 6, the Xenia

1937 Dubonnet Hispano-Suiza H-6C "Xenia."

There's a lot to like about this Dubonnet creation - the epitome of avant-garde streamline, the graceful curves and airplane fuselage-inspired tail lend itself well to being copied by current manufacturers' attempts at a concept car. I particularly like the sliding doors which I believe was a unique feature for the time. I first saw the rear of this beautiful creation as I turned the demising wall at the High (behind the "showcase" car) - it really just knocked my socks off.










Next up, 1937 Delage D8-120S

-- John

1 comment:

albina N muro said...

There's a lot to like about this Dubonnet creation - the epitome of avant-garde streamline, the graceful curves and airplane fuselage-inspired tail lend itself well to being copied by current manufacturers' attempts at a concept car. speedy car donation